Introducing a new food
When you move your pet onto a new food, you should:
- Gradually introduce it over a 7-10 day period
- Mix the new food with your pet’s current food, gradually increasing the amount until only new food is fed.
- Start with roughly 1/4 old food, and 3/4 new food.
- Then after a few days, use 1/2 old and 1/2 new food and so on.
- Always refer to the feeding guide on the pack, or the veterinary instruction
Money Back Guarantee
The food we recommend comes with a money back guarantee if your pet won't eat it. Both Hills and Royal Canin offer a 100% refund if your pet does not take to the new food.
In order for us to give this refund, the new diet should be introduced slowly, over a period of 7-10 days as described, with at least 3/4 of the food tried. After this trial period, if the food still remains uneaten, return the opened bag to us and we will give you a full refund.
Our nurses are always on hand should you need any tips or advice on introducing a new food. Please call the practice on 020 8542 4524 where we will be happy to help you!